Friday, December 04, 2009

This is a special one


Continuing my theme of people who have changed my life, i'm gonna start this post by changing things up. This person has been on my mind for a long time and i've never know how to express to him what a wonderful person he is. So this one will be just to him.

Ever since I can remember, i've felt completely comfortable around him. All smiles and kindness. When I was younger and pretty much completely worthless, he used to find work for me to do, work that he really didn't need done, and then pay me much more than i was worth. Even when i've done stupid things, he's never had an angry word for me.

There's so much charity in him, sometimes it touches me enough that i don't have any words to describe it. The way he does his job... he gives so much in service and help. I've seen personally myself so many instances of him giving to help others and i've heard many other stories that i believe to be absolutely true. What's his is honestly yours and it's completely sincere.

I broke something of his once and i immediately felt horrible. I walked up to the house and asked if he had some duct tape so i could try and fix it. He told me to throw it away, he'd buy a new one, that's how he stimulated the economy. I'm pretty sure a big part was he didn't want me to feel bad.

Ha, it's such little things. he was pulling into his drive way once when i was messing around in the neighbors yard. He rolled down the window, chatted for a minute, and then reached over and handed me some of his lunch.

He just wants to take care of people. And he does. This is a man who understands that the gospel is about charity and showing that love. And i wish that i could express to him how much he's impacted my life in helping me to see how it works in everyday life. One day i'll figure out how to approach him, one day i'll find the right words, in the right setting, said exactly in the right manner.... and then he'll know that I'll always respect the man he is. It's such a blessing to have him in my life.

No comments: