Saturday, December 05, 2009

Special Edition part 2

I'm going to do a pitiful job of this one. But i hope that anyone who reads this has the necessary experience to fill in where i ultimately fall short.

Grandma Earl.

The thought seriously just occurred to me that i could end the blog there and most everyone would understand the what and why and how.

Grandma is someone who gets it, who knows what all this Plan business is about. Her life revolves around meeting the needs of others. I feel like often she must be so over extended to have her hand in so much love and service.

Grandma tells me she loves me, but she could never say the words and i would no without a doubt. I think of how incredible a man my grandpa Earl was and i know that in large part, he got to where he was because of my grandma.

If you ever need a fan, you've got it. Grandma has been my biggest fan for as long as i have existed. She's so supportive in everything i've ever wanted to do. It was my favorite thing to be able to hear grandma from the sidelines at a football or soccer game, especially because i'm pretty sure she doesn't care much for the latter.

Grandma has taught me that there is no holding capacity to love; your heart can always fit more. And her heart does. The toughest part is that you can never love grandma as much as she loves you.

I think out of anyone, my lovely parents included, it would be hardest to disappoint Grandma. I've never had a better example of what the Gospel can truly do for someone in making them such a heavenly person. On the path to perfection, Grandma is paving the way.

I will always have a profound love and respect for both my Grandparents and I'm not sure what i did to be blessed into their great lineage.

No comments: