Wednesday, December 02, 2009

How the story goes...

The recent trend:

Scenario:

Girl enters, attractive, but not really the type I'm usually attracted to. She flirts well, talks fine enough, average in intelligence, but nothing i find myself too drawn to. Truthfully, I would guess it has to to with the Spirit she puts off.

She's interested. Very easily, without me having to put much effort into it. She wants to spend time with me, finds the time if she doesn't have it, and generally puts forth an effort to be apart of my life. Interestingly enough, the passion isn't there for me from the start and therefore things never get off the ground. She can't really figure out why it's going the way it is. I can't really explain to her other then to say it just isn't there for me.

Scenario Dos:

I meet this gal from a friend of a friend. She's beautiful, not what I normally would be attracted to, but i find myself inexplicably drawn to her. She's mature, composed, articulate, and all around pleasant. I feel like i know who she is, I feel like I can feel it from her. I don't have to see her go to church or read her scriptures to know what she's about. I want to be a better person because of her...
... and of course i make a great friend to her. But it's just not there for her. Whether she's not attracted to me or it doesn't click for her, either way, it makes no difference. She doesn't feel it.


How bout that?

I don't resent these girls for their lack of feelings.

I'm just flabbergasted. I'm tired of looking. I don't want to hang out, take out, or make out with girls that don't mean anything (yes make out. though i do sometimes). I don't want to share with or care for girls who aren't lasting.

And, it's hard to keep investing, only to let go. It's hard to let go and not settle for a while for girls i'm not serious about. Then try getting serious again. It's hard.


But... well... that's what you do. That's how the story goes. And it'll go that way until I find the right one. I suppose that's my pattern at least. I suppose other people meet lots of right people and they go so far but it doesn't quite work out. Either way it doesn't matter, one day I'll be serious for a girl and she'll be serious for me and it'll all work out.

So i keep looking. Back on the search again. Heads got to stay up and i've got to do the things that I know i have to.

In the mean time, the story gets a little old.

2 comments:

dirty>south said...

make out with both of them. problem solved.

Myca said...

ARe you sure you aren't gay? And your comment (or comments I should say) was rude...jerk. :)