Sunday, December 25, 2011

And Christmas

Attitude and effort can change everything in your life. It changes how you feel, your actions, your ability to cope and contribute. The best part is that no matter what happens, between stresses and plans gone awry, everything feels right in the end.

I tried my hardest to do everything within my tiny power to make Christmas better for those I love. As happens so frequently when you try to serve, God serves you instead. I received this Christmas in everything that I tried to give. And then I was blessed so much more on top of that. It starts to feel that the word 'bless' becomes inadequate to describe the helpless, overwhelming, inordinate amount that we are given beyond the degree in which we clearly recognize we should justly receive.

So on Christ's celebrated birthday we give and receive presents between each other while He gives gifts to us as well. And when you step back to think about it, giving to Christ can only be accomplished by a few, select ways. One of those is serving or giving to others. It's par for the course with Christ. What a day.

No comments: